Delbarton attracts students of diverse talents, interests and experiences. This combination is powerful when joined to a setting of belonging. The job of Delbarton Admissions is to build a dynamic community where young men are empowered to take risks, grow, lead and ultimately achieve inside and beyond the classroom walls. This is the Delbarton Experience.
Admission is based on a candidate's overall qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or financial status. Candidates are considered based on their transcript, teacher recommendations, test results, personal interview and formal application. Delbarton does not admit postgraduate students or students who are entering 12th grade.
The admission season runs from September to January of a given academic year. Applicants typically apply in the fall prior to their year of enrollment. Students usually apply to Delbarton for acceptance into the seventh or ninth grades. A few openings may be available every year in grades eight, ten and eleven.
A student’s candidacy for admission will be considered only after he completes, in any given order, the following three steps:
- Online application (must be submitted by December 6)
- School Interview (offered on campus on Saturday mornings from early September through early December)
- Entrance Exam (on campus on October 28 and December 9)
Delbarton School normally accepts a small number of students every year to 8th, 10th and 11th grades. The process is independent of the process for the 7th and 9th grades. Delbarton does not accept into the 12th grade or mid-year applicants to any grade. Finally, please note that financial aid is often limited for transfer applicants.
Information for those interested in applying to transfer into Delbarton School for the 8th, 10th or 11th grades is as follows:
1) Students apply during the academic year (September to June) prior to the September in which they wish to enroll.
2) The online application is available at www.delbarton.org/admissions by clicking on the “Apply Online” tab.
3) Students should complete Parts I and II of the online application and provide our office with paper copies of their high school transcripts and any high school standardized test scores.
(Our office will request official transcripts and letters of recommendation only when we know there will be transfer openings AND that the applicant is determined to be a strong fit for an available opening.)
4) Selected applicants at some point between February and June may then be invited to continue the application process by spending a day at Delbarton attending classes and interviewing with a member of our Admissions Committee.
5) All transfer applicants and their families are encouraged to attend our Open House or one of our two Entrance Exam programs in the fall where they will NOT take the exam but, instead, remain in the Fine Arts Center auditorium to listen to a 90-minute information session about Delbarton.
6) All transfer admission decisions are made by June.
How To Apply
- STEP 1: SEPTEMBER - NOVEMBER
- STEP 2: SEPTEMBER - NOVEMBER
- STEP 3: (OPTIONAL)
- STEP 4: SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER
- STEP 5: OCTOBER - DECEMBER
- STEP 6: DECEMBER
- STEP 7: DECEMBER