Delbarton School offers a wide range of courses designed to give the student a comprehensive and in-depth background in the liberal arts in preparation for college.
This Curriculum Guide and Course Catalog is for informational purposes only. By listing a course, Delbarton School does not guarantee that the course will be offered each year. No agent of the school is authorized to guarantee admission to a particular course, or guarantee that a student will have a particular teacher, or guarantee that a student will take a course in a particular semester. Delbarton School reserves the right to cancel any course or change faculty. It also reserves the right to change policies stated in the Curriculum Guide and Course Catalog.
The requirements for graduation are:
- 4 credits of English, Mathematics and Theology
- 3 credits of History (World and U.S. History);
- 3 credits of Science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics)
- 3 credits of a single foreign language
- 1.75 credits of Fine and Performing Arts
- 1.5 credits of Physical Education and Health
- .25 credit of Computer Science
Students are required to take a minimum of 6.5 credits each year and up to a maximum of 7.5 credits. Graduation depends upon successful completion of all the above requirements.
In the Middle School, a student is required to successfully complete all of the following in order to progress into the Upper School:
- 2 credits of English, Mathematics, World Language, Science, Humanities, and Theology;
- 1 credit of Physical Education/Health; one credit of a music ensemble;
- .5 credit of Computer Science and one half credit of Art