The Arts are an integral a part of the Delbarton Experience and our goal is to offer as robust a program as possible while maintaining the necessary COVID-19 restrictions. Studio Arts and Performing Arts that are part of the Delbarton credit-bearing curriculum will continue but in a modified context regarding masks, social distancing and the sharing of materials.
Important: If a student is symptomatic or has been in contact with anyone tested positive for COVID-19, please follow the Delbarton Illness Policy posted above.
Fall Music Program
The following plans were created in consultation with the NJ Arts September Ready Guidelines and best practices.
The following Delbarton ensembles that will resume in fall 2020:
- Instrumental Ensembles
- Rock Band (instrumentals only, no singers)
- Theatrical Productions
Choral Groups: Singing has been identified as a known COVID-19 contagion factor. Therefore, we will not offer group singing unless we are able to host the vocalists outdoors and socially distanced.
Music Rehearsal Performance Modifications
- Students arrive 10 minutes before a rehearsal is help set up chairs and music stands. Only ensemble members may enter the FAC at this time. Parents drop off and pick up their son or daughter in the adjacent parking lots.
- Students enter FAC wearing a mask and continue wearing a mask until it is time to play a wind/brass instrument.
- Directors arrive 10 minutes early before a rehearsal to manage social distancing, and facilitate setup of rehearsal space.
- All performing groups moved to larger rooms to create more space among participants.
- Stage curtains removed to allow for better airflow in space and allow musicians and actors to spread out.
- 6’-distanced grid taped on stage and band room floor to guide participants. Rehearsal rooms taped to indicate proper spacing.
- Rehearsal room doors remain open for improved air circulation and minimize door handle contact.
- Chairs set up in rows to prevent ensemble members from facing one another; increased spacing for extended instruments.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes provided in each rehearsal space and their use encouraged.
- Students assist with breakdown of rehearsal space to prepare for next users.
- Each ensemble member responsible for sanitizing both chair and music stand before they are stowed away.
For daily rehearsal schedules and rehearsal locations, please refer to our Delbarton.org Reopen Roadmap hub. For music-related questions, contact Music Director David Blazier at 973-538-3231 x3077 or DBlazier@delbarton.org.