You always have the option of transporting your son to Delbarton yourself. However, if you choose to send him to school by bus, we have arranged for the following modifications to keep students as safe as possible.
- All students and drivers must wear masks on board buses.
- Buses will be loaded from back to front.
- Social distancing will be practiced where possible (e.g. one student per row, alternating rows).
- Sanitization – Buses will be sanitized daily and between bus runs using EPA-approved anti-microbial solutions. Delbarton-owned buses will be treated daily using an electrostatic fogger.
- Buses will operate with windows open when weather permits.
For transportation questions, contact Director of Transportation Kent Manno at 973-538-3231 x3372 or KManno@delbarton.org
Our food service provider, Sage Dining Services, continues to prepare and deliver meals and snacks at Delbarton School. All food and beverages -- breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack – will be accessed from the Dining Hall.
- Breakfast: Students will go to the Dining Hall prior to entering Trinity or going to classrooms.
- Lunch: Students will pick up lunch in the Dining Hall and dine in the gyms at assigned table seating spaced a minimum of 6’ apart. Boys will, of course, remove face masks to dine. This option affords students a break from classroom settings and time to see friends with whom they may not share classes. Due to its 60-person social distanced capacity, Dining Hall seating is reserved for faculty and staff.
- Menu: Breakfast/lunches/snacks will include prepackaged hot and cold options. No peanut products will be served, and menus will include options for students and staff with food allergies.
- Clean-up: Each student is responsible to clean-up after himself, dispose of all garbage and wipe down his lunch table.
Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, SAGE has been planning and adapting their food preparation, service, and menus to keep our community members and Team Members safe. Click here for information from SAGE on their COVID-19 policies, updated standards and the daily menu.
We have increased our daytime Housekeeping staff to conduct continuous classroom and facility cleaning and sanitization. This more rigorous housekeeping protocol includes:
- Daily disinfecting and cleaning with EPA-approved products of all classrooms, restrooms, common areas.
- Electrostatic fogging of all areas after classes end for the day.
- Free-standing hand sanitizing stations throughout campus including athletic fields.
- Disinfectant wipes and sprays available in all classrooms.
- High-efficiency MERV filters installed in our HVAC systems that trap 98% of airborne particles, including those that carry bacteria and viruses.