FALL THEATER PROGRAM
Our goal is to give students as close to ‘traditional’ theatrical experience as possible while maintaining best practices regarding health and safety. All Abbey Player productions will meet or exceed NJEA/Arts Ed NJ best practice guidelines while school is open for in-person instruction with social distancing. These plans are subject to further guidance from Arts Ed NJ.
Our objective in fall 2020 is to provide one of these options:
- Traditional live performance with (limited) in-person audience and streaming option or
- Live performance with remote audience (fully streamed) or
- Pre-recorded and edited performance with fully remote audience
Auditions and Rehearsals
- Candidates must complete a pre-screening questionnaire and have temperature taken before entering FAC.
- Masks must be worn at all times other than performing prepared monologues onstage.
- Social distancing will take place on and offstage.
- Actors will wear face shields (provided by Delbarton) for scene work.
- Students may wear cloth masks under shields if they are more comfortable doing so.
- We will minimize shared equipment (props, furniture) as much as possible.
- We will disinfecting shared equipment as often as possible.
- Limit capacity in dressing rooms/ limited costume changes.
- Plexiglass shields to separate stations.
- Masks worn at all times.
- No more than three people in Control Booth; masks and 6’ distance required.
- No sharing comms headsets/packs; headsets will be disinfected after each use.
- All control boards will be wiped down after use.
For Live Audience
- Online pre-purchased tickets.
- Masks required of all patrons.
- Temperature checks of all patrons, actors, and crew.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed throughout lobby and at each door to auditorium.
- Limit seating availability In FAC to maintain social distancing - no more than two patrons seated together.
- No intermission; no concession stands.
- Streaming ticket option for overflow or audience members not comfortable attending in person.
For theater-related questions, please contact Theater Director Matt Corica MCorica@delbarton.org.