Delbarton School, an independent Roman Catholic learning community guided by the Benedictine monks of St. Mary’s Abbey with their lay colleagues, welcomes diverse young men and challenges them to pursue excellence, to build character, and to develop leadership through service, by educating the whole person: mind, body and spirit.
- That God works with us and through us.
- That God invites us into a deeper relationship with Him.
- That God calls us into this community.
- That through community, character and integrity are forged.
- In moving away from self toward others.
- In using our gifts and talents in the service of others.
- In the importance of conversation as a means to growth.
- In the power of love to help us realize our God-given potential.
- In the importance of seeking truth, beauty, and goodness.
- In a community where all members are respected and where we celebrate the accomplishments of one another.
- In the strength of Brotherhood.
- In Succisa Virescit: “Once cut down, one will grow back stronger.”
- That here, we belong.