In yet another adjustment to last year's Covid-impacted school year, last spring's Underclassmen Awards ceremony was postponed in the hopes that the presentations could take place in person this fall. It worked: On September 14, 2021, Underclassmen Awards earned in Academics, Activities and Campus Ministry were presented in the Abbey Church and witnessed by the entire student body and faculty.
Please take a moment to read this list of award recipients, all of whom deserve a hearty round of applause from the Delbarton community for sustaining a level of excellence, even during a global pandemic. In addition to the young men listed, the following 2020-2021 juniors (who are now seniors) were recognized...
After an extremely competitive state-wide selection process, Jack Finning '22 was chosen to attend the 2021 New Jersey Governor’s School of Engineering and Technology.
Anand Majmudar '22 participated in the 2021 New Jersey Scholars Program.
William Calder '22, Travis Ehrenberg '22 and Hayden Erikson '22 attended the American Legion New Jersey Boys State. Each Boys State program operates under a two-party political system and is fashioned after the governmental structure of the respective state in which it is held.
For outstanding achievement in mathematics and science, the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Medal was awarded to Warren Wu '22.
For outstanding academic achievement and superior intellectual promise in the field of science, the Bausch & Lomb Science Award was awarded to Matthew Sebastian '22.
The following college book awards were presented to now-seniors who demonstrated academic excellence and intellectual promise, exhibited outstanding personal character, made a significant contribution to the co-curricular life of the school, and who have earned the respect of both the faculty and their peers.
- The St. Anselm’s College Book Award was presented to Richard Mistichelli '22
- The Brown University Book Award was presented to William Ritter '22
- The Columbia University Book Award was presented to Andrew Bentz '22
- The Cornell University Book Award was presented to Evan Dolan '22
- The John Hopkins Book Award was presented to Matthew Accardo '22
- The Princeton University Book Award was presented to Anand Majmudar '22
- The Richard Gilder History Book Prize was presented to Robert Maffucci '22
- The St. Michael’s College Book Awards are presented to both William Calder '22 and Braden Lalin '22
- The Williams College Book Award was presented to Colin Ardise '22
- The University of Pennsylvania Book Award was presented to Michael Vigliotti '22
- he Villanova Book Award was presented to Paul Mattiola '22
- The Yale University Book Award was presented to Andrew Tremante '22
We congratulate all award winners and commend them for their hard work and achievements during the 2020-2021 school year!