WORKING AT DELBARTON
In the Benedictine and Catholic liberal arts tradition, Delbarton School seeks to foster a love of learning in our students, and challenges young men to know themselves and to find ways to extend their capacities for their own benefit and for the benefit of the community.
Delbarton’s teaching tradition calls upon faculty members to serve beyond the classroom as moderators, coaches, and advisors.
Delbarton School offers competitive salaries, benefits, on-campus apartment housing, and numerous professional development opportunities for all employees. Delbarton School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Delbarton School seeks candidates who will embrace our mission and who are dedicated to building up our Benedictine Catholic community.
Candidates interested in employment at Delbarton School should follow the instructions below.
Non-faculty and administrative positions may become open at any time throughout the year. To apply for an open position, please email a completed Delbarton School Employment Application, your resume and cover letter to the contact noted on the specific job opening. Should your qualifications and background meet the needs of our school and the particular department, you will be contacted directly with next steps.
While openings may occur at any time of the year, Delbarton School's typical recruitment process for teaching faculty begins in January for a faculty member to begin employment the following September.
- To apply for an open position, please email a completed Delbarton School Employment Application, your resume and cover letter to the contact noted on the specific job opening.
- References must be included on the Employment Application, and must include at least one past supervisor.
- Should your qualifications and background meet the needs of our school, you will be granted a phone interview with either the Assistant Headmaster for Academic Affairs or the Department Chair.
- Following the phone interview, selected candidates will be invited to campus for an in-person interview day. While on campus, you will interview with the Headmaster, Assistant Headmaster for Academic Affairs, the Assistant Headmaster for Student Affairs, Department Chair, Director of Athletics, Dean of Guidance, and various faculty members. These meetings will provide you with an overview of the mission of our school, the goals of the department and the expectations of the position.
- Once a candidate has been selected, offers of employment are made by the Headmaster.
- Once an offer of employment is accepted, you will need to complete our background check process. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a thorough background check process.
The determination of our dedicated teaching and non-teaching staff is critical to our success. We recognize this commitment by providing excellent benefits and services that address the needs of our employees, creating opportunities for careers in education each year. These include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Generous retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variety of financial assistance programs
In an effort to offer a comprehensive benefits package and a competitive compensation package, annual benchmarking is conducted to ensure that we remain competitive with our local peer independent schools and public schools.
Delbarton is located in Morristown, New Jersey, a suburban community in Morris County, just 33 miles outside of New York City. Morristown is easily accessible by NJ Transit (Morris Essex, Midtown-Direct line) and car from Newark International Airport, the Garden State Parkway in addition to Routes 24, I-80, I-78 & I-287.
- Delbarton has limited on-campus apartment housing available, at rental rates between c. 60% of local rates for similar-sized apartments
- Delbarton School is less than 4 miles from the nearest train station
- Median home value in Morristown is $438,100
Many of our faculty live in Morristown and surrounding towns, including Basking Ridge, Berkeley Heights, Chatham, Madison, Springfield, Westfield, Chester, Mendham, and Long Valley