Delbarton alumni reps were in the house last night at the Madison Hotel for the Fall Reps Dinner.
The Fall Alumni Reps Dinner on September 19 at the Madison Hotel was well attended by over eighty-five Delbarton Alumni Association class representatives (see slideshow at the end of this post). Six senior leaders from the Class of 2024, including Student Body President Abdiel Perde, also attended the Dinner to get a taste of alumni life -- it won't be long, boys.
After an hour of networking, the group dined while hearing an opening prayer from former Headmaster Br. Paul Diveny, OSB, then listened to remarks from Alumni Association President John Ferramosca '05 about his commitment to the Association and the exciting year ahead.
Next, Ferramosca introduced alumni from across the decades who reported on upcoming events including initiatives designed for younger alumni, major events and receptions, young alumni college chapters, mentoring and networking, and community service and retreat opportunities.
The Alumni Golf Classic tees off on September 25 at Morris County Golf Club. Next, Homecoming Weekend begins with the Alumni Golf Outing on October 19, the Hall of Honor Dinner on October 20 and Homecoming Day on October 21. Soccer players, dig out your cleats for the Alumni Soccer Game that morning. Click for details and an opportunity to RSVP for the Alumni Golf Outing and Hall of Honor Dinner and Mass at 11am in Spada Commons on Homecoming morning.
Reports were offered by...
- Dan Cimaglia '16 with a Class Reps Strategic update, an analytical approach to connecting reps to alumni using a designated 'point person' strategy
- Assistant Headmaster for Advancement and Alumni Craig Paris '82 and Bob Farrell '64 who talked about Homecoming events
- Gianni Vinci '18 who spoke about Delbarton Collegiate, the growing program of alumni college chapters. Breaking news: they're adding Duke, Wake Forest and Bucknell to the roster in 2023-24, joining Notre Dame, Villanova, Boston College and Georgetown, with colleges more on the way.
- Jim Gallombardo '81 who talked about the exciting expansion of the Alumni Career Mentorship & Networking program
- PJ Calello '90 and Association Vice President Joe Ferraro '95 on DAA@FAC, who shared an update on their initiative to build involvement and support between alumni and Delbarton Arts programs. Hot tip from PJ and Joe based on last year's experience: the Delbarton Christmas Concert and Winter Musical are must see entertainment.
- Joe Colangelo '03 spoke about Ora et Labora, the alumni faith and community service program. Joe adeptly recruited apple pickers for the Abbey Orchard -- could a fresh batch of Abbey Hard Cider be far behind? -- and encouraged alumni to join this year's Alumni Retreat at St. Mary's Abbey
Delbarton Fund Director Maria Van Kirk P'26 announced the award-winning alumni giving classes. The Headmaster's Cup was presented to the Class of 2008 for its impressive 72.73% participation. The Class of 1948 is an Emeritus Winner for 100% participation.
The Rev. Kenneth Mayer Award was presented to the Class of 2008, for the most donors in any class: 80 donors! Tim Soulas '08, pictured above with Ferramosca, Van Kirk, Fr. Michael and Paris, accepted both awards on behalf of his class.
The Alumni Achievement Award was presented to the Class of 2002 for the biggest improvement in annual giving in a single year, with an increase of 23 donors over the previous year. Decade winners for the top class-by-decade were also acknowledged. This year's winners are:
- '40s & '50s: 1956 (53.85%)
- '60s: 1961 (53.85%)
- '70s: 1979 (47.06%)
- '80s: 1989 (41.11%)
- '90s: 1993 (41.30%)
- '00s: 2008 (72.73%)
- '10s: 2012 (64.10%)
- '20s: 2021 (41.67%)
Congratulations to these decade-winning classes on their fine results. The classes were represented by the alumni reps below, pictured with Ferramosca, Van Kirk, Fr. Michael and Paris.
After the reports, incoming Delbarton Athletic Director Tony Negrin introduced himself to alumni and shared his aspirational agenda for the future of Green Wave athletics that focuses on values-driven effort and Delbarton's Benedictine ethos. Finally, Headmaster Fr. Michael Tidd, OSB, offered a very positive state-of-the-school report and concluded the program with a closing prayer. After dinner, reps continued to enjoy the rare opportunity to spend time together.
September 19 at the Madison Hotel was a great night of fellowship for the Delbarton Alumni Rep network. Thank you for coming, gentlemen, and congratulations to our award winning classes. Enjoy more photos below...