On May 30, 2023, awards earned by Delbarton underclassmen in Academics, Activities and Campus Ministry were presented by Headmaster Fr. Michael Tidd, OSB in the Fine Arts Center theater and witnessed by underclassmen and faculty.
Current Juniors in the Class of 2024 sat on stage while their younger brothers filled the seats in the audience, with teachers and staff members seated and standing on the perimeter of this jacket-and-tie event.
After a brief prayer and the school hymn, Director of Mission & Ministry Matthew White assisted Fr. Michael with the fast-paced awards presentation, while Assistant Headmatser for Academic Affairs Josh Hartle read the names of academic award winners. Next, Assistant Headmaster for Student Affairs Chuck Ruebling '79 announced the names of students who earned awards in Activities and Mission & Ministry. Please take a moment to read this list of award recipients, all of whom deserve a hearty round of applause from the Delbarton community for their sustained level of excellence during the 2022-2023 school year.
Finally, the young men pictured below earned the following science and college book awards, presented to juniors who demonstrated academic excellence and intellectual promise, exhibited outstanding personal character, made a significant contribution to the co-curricular life of the school, and who have earned the respect of both the faculty and their peers.
- The St. Anselm’s College Book Award was presented to JULIAN OSORIO
- The Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award was presented to MARK SEBASTIAN
- The Brown University Book Award was presented to ARTHAV NAIDU
- The Columbia University Book Award was presented to COLIN PRYMA
- The Cornell University Book Award was presented to PAUL QUENSE
- The Harvard Book Award was presented to KEAR O’MALLEY
- The Johns Hopkins University Book Award was presented to EDWARD MYRONOFF
- St. Michael’s College Book Awards were presented to TYLER BARNES and
- ANTHONY PASCARELLA
- The Princeton University Book Award was presented to NICHOLAS YOO
- The Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Award was presented to CORTLAND FORSTNER
- The University of Pennsylvania Book Award was presented to ALEXANDER CALDER
- The Villanova University Book Award was presented to RYAN HUNT
- The Williams College Book Award was presented to QUINN DE STEFANO
- The Yale University Book Award was presented to MAXIMILIAN OROSZ
From left in the Class of 2024 are award-winners Paul Quense, Nicholas Yoo, Alexander Calder, Arthav Naidu, Kear O' Malley, Mark Sebastian, Edward Myrnoff, Tyler Barnes, Maximillian Orosz, Julian Osorio, Anthony Pascarella, Ryan Hunt, Quinn DeStefano, Cortland Fostner and Colin Pryma.
Prior to the Benediction and school hymn, led by Schola Cantorum, Fr. Michael wished our underclassmen a relaxing summer, and incentivized them to gear up for the 2023-2024 school year.
We congratulate all underclassmen award recipients and commend them for their hard work and achievements during the 2022-2023 school year!