Mission and Beliefs
Delbarton School, an independent Roman Catholic learning community guided by the Benedictine monks of St. Mary’s Abbey with their lay colleagues, welcomes diverse young men and develops them as brothers and leaders in lifelong service to God and neighbor, challenging them to build character and pursue excellence by educating the whole person in mind, body, and spirit.
- That God calls us into this community.
- That community life forges character, integrity, and respect for all.
- That God works with us and through us, inviting us into a deeper relationship with Him.
- That conversation and reflection foster personal growth.
- In selflessly serving our neighbor and honoring the accomplishments of one another.
- In the power of love to help us realize our God-given potential.
- In the importance of seeking truth, beauty, goodness, wisdom, and justice.
- In the strength of our Brotherhood.
- In Succisa Virescit: “Once cut down, one will grow back stronger.”
- That here, we belong.
A Delbarton Graduate...
Glorifies God in All Things
He is passionate about learning for a lifetime. He thinks critically, works diligently, lives with a sense of purpose, and seeks to acquire, create and communicate knowledge and ideas. [Discipline and Work]
Listens with the Ear of His Heart
Demonstrates Humility and Patience
Lives Honorably in His Community
Regards Creation as Sacred and Practices Moderation
He stewards God's creation and cares for his common home. He uses the resources entrusted to him for the good of others as much as for himself. [Stewardship]